VT250F Crank and Connecting Rod

Major engine repair tips

VT250F Crank and Connecting Rod

Postby Temcadon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi and thanks for welcoming me.

I've purchased a 1983 VT250f (not without its fair share of abusive history) and am trying to restore it to factory condition. I've managed to get my hand on quite a number of parts here and there, but seem to have gotten stuck when it comes to the Crank and Connecting Rod. Would anyone know where I can purchase a set to get them fitted in?

The engine has overheated (or been close to) a couple of times since there was trouble with the water pump which was never given the due attention, so repairing any current bends wouldn't be ideal. Any suggestions on this?

All your comments are much appreciated,
Thanks
Temcadon

Re: VT250F Crank and Connecting Rod

Postby squirrelman » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Neither rods nor crank would suffer from overheating unless the oil pressure dropped to near zero. :

A complete engine strip-down would be necessary to evaluate condition of crank, rods, and bearings. Otherwise you're just guessing. :(

You'd have a tough time finding new crank or rod bearings in the USA i think. nO ONE WOULD REGRIND the crank if it were damaged, and bearings would need to come directly from the mother country, Japan. :(
squirrelman

Re: VT250F Crank and Connecting Rod

Postby MarkinNam » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 am

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-se ... 9.6.71yVC4 i've installed mine 9 months ago and seem to quiet satisfactory
Romans 8;28 And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose....Everyone's mind is a different world
MarkinNam

Return to Engine