Merry Christmas All

Anything NOT related to repairs, parts, etc.

Merry Christmas All

Postby John Hilmer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 am

Merry Christmas Folks,

I'm very fortunate in that all of the folks I know are a happy bunch during the holidays.

I know that there are many that find this time of year is troubling. I hope that they get some comfort and peace.

I had hoped to get in a ride today, but the roads here have areas that remain iced over if there is daytime shadowing. I'll just stay in and out of the cold.

Yes, that is ice covering my cars this morning. It isn't always sunny and warm where I am in California.

My best to all,

John
Lord help me to be the man my Labrador thought I was.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood ...
John Hilmer

Re: Merry Christmas All

Postby ExTex77 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:32 am

Merry Christmas to John and all of the other members of this forum.

My weather is overcast and very humid. Not sure if I will ride today... I need to look at whether the roads are wet.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum.

Happy New Year to All.

Ride Safely

PS> Roads were ok so I rode for short ride between lunch and afternoon coffee break.
ExTex
1989 Honda VTR250 & 1988 Honda NT650
Wife rides a Burgman 200 scooter and I enjoy riding it also
ExTex77

Postby UK Keith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:42 am

A belated Merry Christmas from me to all.
Christmas day was a bit unconventional for us as we stopped briefly at my wife's sister's house in the morning before driving to London to fly out to New York for five days which my wife has been wanting to do for many years.
By all accounts we missed some pretty good riding weather at home (sun but little frost) but we had a great time exploring New York and doing the touristy stuff. At the end we did all agree though that once was enough.
This https://youtu.be/bL1CzJN2Qss has inspired me to head west next time I get the opportunity to cross the Atlantic.
UK Keith
Donator

Postby John Hilmer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:21 am

Keith,

Back in 1952 my folks and I made our first road trip from Chicago area to Long Beach, California on 66. I was 7 YO at the time. I must say that most of that route was very boring. But then there were spots that were very interesting. From that video I remember staying at the Wig Wam motel. Since then I have made that trip a few times and the charm has mostly gone.

There are many much better moto roads here in California, but my favorite area is in British Columbia and the Canadian Rockies. The same guy did the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCHVpIuAP8

If you do get over here we'll have to get in touch.

John
Lord help me to be the man my Labrador thought I was.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood ...
John Hilmer

Postby UK Keith » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm

John

I've seen that one, but a repeat viewing will do me no harm at all.
In 1994 when I drove coast to coast in a ratty old Buick LeSabre I travelled some of Route 66, including the bit of where people have written their names in coloured stones on the railway embankment. I did stop and add mine and Annette's names. I'm not sure what the likelihood is of finding them still there but a small part of me would like to try if I get the chance. I'm also attracted to the Montana area through having 'Thunderbolt and Lightfoot' as one of my favourite films. Monument Valley and Yellowstone would be on my list too, so plenty to fill several weeks if I had the chance.
UK Keith
Donator

Return to VT/VTR General Discussion