Custom exhaust problem

Anything NOT related to repairs, parts, etc.

Re: Custom exhaust problem

Postby Trung Đào Jr » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:38 pm

And the fuel consumption is not much, i've just gone on a picnic, which is abt 540 kilometers, the bike drink 14,7 l of fuel and now it's still has gasoline in the gas tank
Trung Đào Jr

Postby John Hilmer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 am

Trung,

That equals 36.7 Km/l, right? Or 86.98 Mi/Gal if I did the math correctly. That is awfully high and would indicate to me that it is running too lean now.

If it really has carbs and isn't fuel injected I would go up a size on the jets. If it is fuel injected I would find out if there is a way to alter the programming to make the air fuel mixture richer.

Does it seem to be running warmer than it used to?

John
Lord help me to be the man my Labrador thought I was.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood ...
John Hilmer

Postby squirrelman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Trung Đào Jr wrote:Hi John, i had opened the plugs, both of them are in good condition ( brown with a little red, i don't know how to discribe the color, wish that i could sent you images of the plugs )

That seems OK. :D
squirrelman

Postby John Hilmer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Squirrelman,

Your very brief reply doesn't tell us what part of this thread you believe to be "OK".

We are communicating with a young, by our ages, person that is struggling to communicate in English.

I'm confused by your post because it seems to me that the fuel economy he reports is well past what I've experienced, which is closer to 60 MPG, not what he is reporting.

I think that we need to be very clear about what we post to Trung so that we don't confuse him.

Would you please clarify what you posted for us?

John
John Hilmer

Postby UK Keith » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:41 am

From my experiences with my VTZ250 I'd say 36.7km/l is credible, particularly if road and traffic conditions where Trung lives dictate a lower speed for long distance riding than you Americans would expect to hold on your interstates.
Honda claim 40km/l for the current model http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/#anchor4.
UK Keith
Donator

Postby squirrelman » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:34 pm

John Hilmer wrote:Squirrelman,

Your very brief reply doesn't tell us what part of this thread you believe to be "OK".

We are communicating with a young, by our ages, person that is struggling to communicate in English.

I'm confused by your post because it seems to me that the fuel economy he reports is well past what I've experienced, which is closer to 60 MPG, not what he is reporting.

I think that we need to be very clear about what we post to Trung so that we don't confuse him.

Would you please clarify what you posted for us?

John

SORRY for any confusion. I meant to say that the plug color he mentions is acceptable and not too lean.
squirrelman

Postby John Hilmer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Keith,

Thanks for that input, I had no clue of course. I suspect your perspective is probably better than mine.

Squirrelman,

Thank you also for the clarification and I agree.

I hope this finds you well.

Trung,

I also have seen the reddish color deposits on plugs, but I have no clue about what causes this or if it has any implications.

From the input above I think you probably don't have to worry about this too much.

John
John Hilmer

Previous

Return to VT/VTR General Discussion