New Years Day Ride

Anything NOT related to repairs, parts, etc.

New Years Day Ride

Postby ExTex77 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm

This afternoon (51°) I got in a 1 hr ride to insure that 2020 will be a good riding year.
A Christmas present Schampa thermal shirt worn under my FLY jacket kept me warm.
https://schampa.com/collections/thermals/products/old-school-thermal-shirt

Happy New Year All.
ExTex
1989 Honda VTR250 & 1988 Honda NT650
Wife rides a Burgman 200 scooter and I enjoy riding it also
ExTex77

Re: New Years Day Ride

Postby Barbie & Skipper » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Glad you could make it out for a NYD ride. I like the thumb hole idea. It's frustrating when the sleeves ride up.

We did the Tortilla Flat run again this year. Only 3 of us in my group (Barbie, an Indian Scout, and a Tiger Explorer), but the crowd was quite a bit bigger this year. More bikes, some classics & hot rods, and quite a few Vettes. The weather was about 10F warmer than last year, and the word has apparently spread that the road was fixed. Well, up TO Tortilla Flat, the road is good. Beyond was dirt/gravel and a bit rough, but got much worse with the storms, and a bridge washed out completely. They've put in a heavily locked gate to keep the road beyond TF blocked off.

Anyway, it was fun to get out and ride with old friends. The Scout rider just got back into riding last year, but we've been friends for 15+. I've been riding with my Tiger friend for 13+ years now. He's on his 4th or 5th Tiger.
Barbie - 89 VTR250 - 7k+, back on the road after 3 1/2 year vacation
Skipper - 90 VTR250 - 39k+, black & white, back on the road 22 years after first parked
Parts bike - 90 VTR250 - 20k+, "maintained" by idiots
Barbie & Skipper

Return to VT/VTR General Discussion