Building my first trackbike, the ongoing saga

Anything to do with racing our 1/4 Liter Interceptor's goes here

Re: Building my first trackbike, the ongoing saga

Postby spotthedogg » Wed May 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi guys, since the site is back up I thought I’d say hello and give a little update on the bike. Basically it is awesome! Working better than ever, Round 1 was a blast, it rained heavily Sunday and I found myself battling with the top two guys in the 250 championship from last year. It’s about time everything really came together. Just waiting for new race rubber, excited to be back on Bridgestone tires and the all new DOT race rubber the R11 :)
spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:28 am

Round three of our season is in the books and I am making steady progress, finally got the new Bridgestone R11 tires and man are they good!
Set new personal best lap times in each of my races this round and feel I am still leaving a couple seconds out there easily. I had some issues with a dirty main jet on my rear cylinder that had me chasing my tail but finally trusted my gut and pulled all the tank and carbs off to find the simple problem :(

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 pm

I got the Hawk GT, I really like it and hope I feel the same after riding it!

spotthedogg

Postby Spoot5 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pm

pic of the hawk is cut...I can only see the rear wheel.

a buddy of mine spent almost $5000 (usd) modding his Hawk GT....so, be careful. lol
They have a nice powerband. If that's a Hord build, it should be pretty good....but getting into grenade territory.
'90 VTR250 Interceptor / '98 VF750F Magna / '98 VTR1000F / '08 Ridgeline / Honda Racing Bicycle
CCS Mid-West #518 Am
Spoot5

Postby spotthedogg » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 am

Spoot5 wrote:pic of the hawk is cut...I can only see the rear wheel.

a buddy of mine spent almost $5000 (usd) modding his Hawk GT....so, be careful. lol
They have a nice powerband. If that's a Hord build, it should be pretty good....but getting into grenade territory.

I have no idea how to resolve the formatting of photos on this forum. This Hawk GT will be costing me some coin but it has been a fully prepped race bike for the majority of it's life. I have already spent a couple grand on getting little things sorted to my liking and that doesn't include the bike. I rode it for the first time last weekend and I am very impressed, the power delivery is brilliant. The chassis is brilliant too but I gotta get used to the ergonomics and get the brake feel how I like it, the master is too big and the lever feel is harsh. Not too worried about reliability as the engine was refreshed after the last race season it saw, which could have been 15 years ago. BTW, how much did that Penske shock cost you?

spotthedogg

Postby spotthedogg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 am

How do I post pics that fit?
spotthedogg

Postby Spoot5 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:03 pm

pics are looking ok now.

My Penske was just over $1000 with tax.

I followed your post on the HawkGT site. Nice.
If you like the multi-spoke wheels...You could look into a VFR rear wheel swap.
3rd gen is an 8-spoke, but I forget what VFR rims are bolt-on vs doing milling work...and you can do a 180 rear.
'90 VTR250 Interceptor / '98 VF750F Magna / '98 VTR1000F / '08 Ridgeline / Honda Racing Bicycle
CCS Mid-West #518 Am
Spoot5

Previous

Return to Racing Modifications