From Garage Find to the Racetrack

Anything to do with racing our 1/4 Liter Interceptor's goes here

From Garage Find to the Racetrack

Postby twowheelzonly » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Hey fellas,

New to the forum and looking forward to becoming a regular with the project on deck.

Picked up this beauty over the weekend. A friend of mine was looking to thin out his herd and gave me dibs on this beauty. 1990 VTR 250 with Rothman's paint scheme. I'm looking forward to the tear-down, clean-up and subsequent build to get her to the track and swap paint with the Kawi 250s. Planning on racing spec class which runs the 125s, 250s, and 300s in tandem. Should be fun.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_1395.jpeg
twowheelzonly

Re: From Garage Find to the Racetrack

Postby spotthedogg » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:26 am

Cool, you have the Lockhart Philips side panels! I found a set but haven't painted them, can't decide if i want to use them...
Get ready to have fun and if you want to see how to spend money read my race bike build thread :lol:
spotthedogg

Re: From Garage Find to the Racetrack

Postby twowheelzonly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Oh yeah. Been up and down your thread, sifting through some of the things I'll have to go through with mine. It's partly a labor of love. Hopefully it's a case of showing the new bikes, the old ones still rock the track. We'll see if it's possible to show a wheel every now and then. Down here the 250s and 300s run together even though they are scored separately.
twowheelzonly

Return to Racing Modifications