Mirrors

Want to make a change that's not just a fix or direct replacement...

Mirrors

Postby Janovich » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:46 am

Hey Vtr Forum

A while back in my clumsiness I had broken the right mirror glass while trying to detach it.
I've replaced it with a plexi glass mirror I had cut to size, but the reflection isn't as good as a real one (its a bit wobbly and close-up and I prefer to fix that)
I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions where I might find a separate glass for the mirror or perhaps a cool suggestion for aftermarket mirrors that look good on vtr.

Is it correct that the cb400 mirrors are the same?

Alternatively I would love to install something like this but I have no idea how successful that would be. Any examples?
Janovich

Re: Mirrors

Postby ExTex77 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:36 am

I made some mirror extenders out of 1/4" thick aluminum bar stock (1" wide by 2.5" long).
I just bored a hole near each end and painted the bar matte black. Then bolted the extender to the original mirror mount.
Any 10mm mount mirror will then work in the other end of the extender and won't hit the windscreen.

There is no noticeable increase in vibration for the mirrors.

Happy Holidays.
ExTex
1989 Honda VTR250 & 1988 Honda NT650
Wife rides a Burgman 200 scooter and I enjoy riding it also
ExTex77

Postby Fuller56 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:58 am

What I did a few years ago when I broke the mirror glass but not the housing was to go to a local auto U-Pull-It place and get the mirror glass from the right side truck mirror. Make a cardboard template of your old mirror and ever so gently cut it out of the big truck mirror. Glass and mirror shops will not have or make you a convex, wide angle view replacement glass. If you take them your donor mirror maybe you could get them to cut it for you, maybe. It was tedious but it worked, cheaply. Good Luck.
John
Fuller56

Postby Spoot5 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 pm

I don't think I've see fairing mounted mirrors on our vtr. Most of those mounts have a fairing stay supporting that area.
as mentioned, std handlebar mounts (screw in) of any brand\style to your taste would work (with proper size screw)
'90 VTR250 Interceptor / '98 VF750F Magna / '98 VTR1000F / '08 Ridgeline / Honda Racing Bicycle
CCS Mid-West #518 Am
You can call me Spoot.
Spoot5

Return to Non-Standard Modifications