new seat cover(s)

Just because a guy has a high rating doesn't mean you always get what you ask for.

new seat cover(s)

Postby VTRamen » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi All

I was looking into a new seat cover for my bike a few months back, and was quoted over $600...

So... I recently replaced the seat cover on my 1988 VTR, myself, using one purchased off Ebay.... The stitching of the original seat cover had come apart along the seam, and also had a hole on the left side at the bottom corner. The replacement cover was purchased from "comboguy" who is based in British Columbia, Canada. Smooth transaction, quick delivery, and the cover was of good quality vinyl. The cover installed very easy, and the package also included instructions. It also came with a strap to replace the old one. The cover installation was a breeze with just a regular staple gun. (I also watched several you tube videos. I recall that one by Delboy's garage was quite good.) My finished seat cover looks just like the picture in the Ebay ad! Obviously, I'm very happy with the end result, and I would have done it a lot sooner if I had known how easy it would be.

This is in contrast with the first, much more expensive seat cover I purchased first, which I received from another eBay seller based out of the UK. "j-f-customs" (J F Boots ltd) This cover was made of durable, good quality leather and stitching, but was (unfortunately) cut too small to fit at the corners and also was not tailored to the contours of the seat. Even if the cover was the right size, it still would have had wrinkles in it along the saddle portion of the seat. The seller argued with me that the cover did not fit, even though I posted pictures to show that it didn't. But, at least I was able to return the cover and (eventually) got a refund.

Peace out. Happy online shopping.
- 1988 VTR 250
VTRamen
Donator

Re: new seat cover(s)

Postby John Hilmer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for the input, very valuable.

John
Lord help me to be the man my Labrador thought I was.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood ...
John Hilmer

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback