3/4 of an 89 VTR Interceptor

Got a ride to sell or looking for one to buy.

3/4 of an 89 VTR Interceptor

Postby Zanrith » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am

New to the site and located in the US (just to get that out of the way)

So I picked up an 89 interceptor from someone. They never mentioned it was in pieces or that they couldn't find all the pieces they just dropped it off and said "here you go" It has been sitting in my garage for a month or two now and I have been getting a list together of all the parts that I need to get it running. But I already have 2 bikes that run and it is doubtful I will ever ride this one or put the time into it that it requires.

Previous owner said that he could only get it running if he kept spraying carb cleaner into it. Well i cleaned the carbs after I sprayed out some of it a blockage was expunged and fuel started flowing out after I thought I had emptied all of it so I assume I solved that problem

So here I am to test the waters and see if anyone would like to take this bike off my hands. I am located in Buffalo NY and will take pictures probably early next week to post up here for all the parts it has. But basically the bike is there minus airbox, seat, windscreen and fairing for that, and some nuts and bolts between. Oh and one carb boot. Engine turns over by hand and placing my hand over the air intake proves there is some kind of compression.

I am pretty sure I set this site up to email me if I get a reply but I will keep checking back.
Zanrith

Re: 3/4 of an 89 VTR Interceptor

Postby squirrelman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 pm

in buffalo ?? contaCt me if you need an experienced mechanic who's familiar with HondAS !~! ;) ;)

jerry @ 716 836-0154 :!:

i might be interested in helping you get the bike running or possibly a purchase.

i/ve owned 4 VTR250s since 1995 and presently have 2 1/2.

036_36_vtrwork.jpg
036_36_vtrwork.jpg
Last edited by squirrelman on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squirrelman

Postby Zanrith » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Hey Jerry thanks for the help but I'm more looking to get rid of it. I was trying to help a buddy out when he was strapped for cash but he didn't inform me The Bike was in pieces. And with the other bikes I have I really don't have time or room for it.
Zanrith

Postby squirrelman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:07 pm

please call me so i can see the bike next week, monday or tuesday. :shock:
squirrelman

Postby squirrelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:21 pm

OK, i've taken several oaths not to buy any more bikes, but this one just might fit my plans.........
squirrelman

Postby squirrelman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 pm

went to see the prts bike on tuesday. not much that isn't damaged, cracked, or missing.............and it was sprayed black ! :o

he'd let it go for $50, but the engine seems to have low compression, so i'm not interested. but if anyone here needs something specific or wants me to help with shipping the bike to them, just please PM me.
squirrelman

Return to Bikes